Moderators: Charles Reed, Kelsi Parker

Re: Some thoughts about Frau

Postby John 'Grimmy' Burke » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Random thoughts from your favorite Grimmy

I always thought shegot her power from this
Spoiler! :
She owned/ran/had some connection to abortion clinics

In spoiler tags because it is/can be disturbing content

I wonder how many fabletowners "owe" frau a favor or three?

interesting stories can arise from that alone.

but for now, she has found love in the arm of dunster Happ, so lets give him a big hand!

(too soon?)

Grimmy
may have crossed a line there
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4909
THE LAST FABLES MAFIA. SIGN UP!!!
John 'Grimmy' Burke

Postby Constance » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Cindy McShane wrote:I rather think that Frau Holle sums her code up fairly well - Kindness begets kindness, cruelty begets cruelty. We read about it in the Witches' Tale in 1001 Nights. Her big exception seems to be princes, the Frau definitely had something against princes.

I'm with Cindy on this one, but I don't think that her treatment of Princes is an exception. All princes have some sort of cosmic favour purely by virtue of birth. I think Frua used her powers to balance the scales a little. So not only does kindness beget kindness and cruelty beget cruelty, but gifts must be earned. I think that's why so many of her "curses" come with ways out, usually through the true love of another (Beast, Briar Rose, and Ambrose to name a few). If the love of another can be earned then the afflicted proves worthy of their gifts. It also explains why she isn't shocked by the consequences of winning the war. By being "lucky" and using the advantages of magics they didn't own, the Fables were due for some balancing of the scales.

I also feel as though if Frau were to have become a Great Power it would have been for this. She was the great equalizer and balancer of the scales, a (not so blind) justice.
C Hilton
Constance

Postby Clifford Trout » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:50 am

John 'Grimmy' Burke wrote:Random thoughts from your favorite Grimmy

I always thought shegot her power from this
Spoiler! :
She owned/ran/had some connection to abortion clinics

In spoiler tags because it is/can be disturbing content

I wonder how many fabletowners "owe" frau a favor or three?

interesting stories can arise from that alone.

but for now, she has found love in the arm of dunster Happ, so lets give him a big hand!

(too soon?)

Grimmy
may have crossed a line there

That might have been one source, but I also think that she endowed children's hospitals, and gun/ammo makers.
Clifford Trout

Postby Constance » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Just wanted to say that I just re-read The Good Prince story arc, and the catalyst for Fly's creation of Haven is quite multi layered. His journey looks to be set in motion both by the planning of Frau T (probably with the intention of separating the Sacred Grove from Gepetto as the end result) but the Christmas issue also implies a connection to Hope with the appearance of Colin's head behind Santa. So I'm curious over the possible connection between Frau T and Hope. I'm assuming that the Frau is aware of Hope as a Great Power, so was she knowingly serving her through setting up Fly? Or did Hope influence Frau T, or just (subtly) encourage and take advantage of the Fraus plans. Or maybe it was all just remarkable coincidence and serendipity that a great and nearly great power both had their own part in something Fly was bound to do regardless of their interventions.
C Hilton
Constance

Previous

Return to Fables