I reread 114 and 115 right before I read 116.
So far, this storyline has been all around excellent. The visuals for “Magicland,” “sometimes called Far Mattagonia,” “sometimes called Madland,” “the land of Discardia,” the Toyland are eerily beautiful.
Other than Winter being first born, I don’t know the order of the Cubs’ birth (I do not recall their order of birth being specifically mentioned; if it has, can you please let me know in which issue it was discussed?), but here are my guesses as to which fits with the prophecy, now that the storyline is three issues in.
Ozma’s prophecy read:
The first child will be a king.
– Winter was first born and she’s the new North Wind, King of the North.
The second child a pauper.
– I think this is Blossom. She seems to be more down to earth than her siblings and has some kind of connection to animals – mundy animals. I can see her wanting to live a simple life, avoiding extravagance.
The third will do an evil thing.
– I believe this is about Therese. I don’t see her as being evil in the least, but the “toys” in Discardia are shady (so far) and I can see her innocently doing “an evil thing” which will result in the death of….
The fourth will die to stop her.
– ….Darien, who travelled to Discardia in FABLES #116 to find Therese.
The fifth will be a hero bold.
– Connor will rise up to replace Dare as pack leader and become the bold hero of the Cubs.
The sixth will judge the rest.
– Ghost. He’s the outsider, part of the litter, but not really part of the pack. He has an outsider’s view and will judge how his solid siblings behave.
The seventh lives to ages old and is by heaven blessed.
– Ambrose. Kind of by default, but he also has an air about him that makes me think he’ll be quite long-lived and blessed by Heaven.