No more Chris Roberson Cindy stories?

Where we gather to gush about the Fables Spin-off by Bill Willingham with art by Phil Jimenez

Moderators: Charles Reed, Kelsi Parker

No more Chris Roberson Cindy stories?

Postby Juan Ramón Vallarino J. » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:38 pm

I'll re-post this in the Fairest thread, but it seems to me that once the upcoming Fairest Cindy story by Chris Roberson is done, we won't be getting his take on the character anymore.

That's a pity.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/22719.html

Aside from the Fairest arc I already committed to doing, iZombie will be the last time I'll ever write for DC.”
Pro Mundi Beneficio
Juan Ramón Vallarino J.

Re: No more Chris Roberson Cindy stories?

Postby Cindy McShane » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:17 pm

"Sometimes I like to make my own sound effects. Is that so wrong?" --Jaime Reyes via Matt Sturges
Cindy McShane
Review/Link Goddess

Postby Juan Ramón Vallarino J. » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Well, that sucks. Cindy, since you are more on the ball than me, any ideas if Cindy stories will still be done? (perhaps written by BW).
Pro Mundi Beneficio
Juan Ramón Vallarino J.

Postby Cindy McShane » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Juan Ramón Vallarino J. wrote:Well, that sucks. Cindy, since you are more on the ball than me, any ideas if Cindy stories will still be done? (perhaps written by BW).

Bill twittered that he was in no hurry to decide on a replacement writer, so I'm guessing Cindy solo stories are back burnered for now.

I always feel a wee bit weird when I type something about Cindy stories. Must be my ego trying to escape again.
"Sometimes I like to make my own sound effects. Is that so wrong?" --Jaime Reyes via Matt Sturges
Cindy McShane
Review/Link Goddess

Postby Juan Ramón Vallarino J. » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 am

That a damn shame.

I've been following comics long enough to not be particularly surprised by creator departures (heck, I was young, but I remember when Moore, Bissette and Tottleben left Swamp Thing way back when, and even though I was no longer reading it, I rember the Christ Rick Veitch Swamp Thing brouhaha). But Chris Roberson is not Alan Moore/Frank Miller 1987, so I'm not entirely sure what (if anything) this will acomplish.
Pro Mundi Beneficio
Juan Ramón Vallarino J.

Postby Cindy McShane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Chris did an interview with The Comics Journal about it.

It reads to me like it's just a personal decision that he can live with. Frankly, walking the talk is always a good idea, so good for him.

Memorial is great fun to read, by the way.
Cindy McShane
Review/Link Goddess

Postby Eddy Stone » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Man, I JUST got into iZombie!

His Cinderella Stories have been fun, but I'm kind of hoping for a Cindy story that's got more of a serious-espionage tone. Maybe Marjorie M. Liu will step up to do a Cinderella story in Fairest? She rocked at writing Black Widow, so she clearly knows well-done espionage stories.
Eddy Stone

Return to Fairest