Questions for Bill 2009

Discuss all things Fables

Moderators: Charles Reed, Kelsi Parker

Re: Questions for Bill 2009

Postby Ian Westhoff » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Bill Willingham wrote:
Chris Opperman wrote:Will we ever find out whose body Bigby dumped down the Witching Well? Or was it not a body at all?

Probably a big hunk of cheese. It's all done with cheese now.

LOL
Cheese, glorious cheese.
Ian Westhoff Bullfinch Street Irregular 523

"He that can have patience can have what he will"- Benjamin Franklin
Ian Westhoff

Postby Heather Farris » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Bill, I know you've talked about the impracticality of Fables action figures, but what about a video game? You know, fight off the invasion of wooden soldiers, suppress a revolution at the Farm, take on the Emperor and the Adversary. If you unlock Flycatcher's powers then you can revive a character for free. Any chance of something like this for those of us who would love to take an active role in the adventures of Fabletown?
Bullfinch Street Irregular #124

This is one Mundy who refuses to let Prince Charming or Boy Blue die!

"My horn can pierce the sky!"
Heather Farris

Postby Ian Westhoff » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:07 am

Not so much a Fables related question but more of a Bill Willingham question. On your blog you've treated us to a few pics of your house as it was being built. Now that you have moved in, could you treat us to a few pictures of your reference library where you keep all your Fables related research books? I think it would be safe to say that many of us here (I know Cindy and I at least) would love to see what that looks like.

Hope that wasn't too personal a thing to ask.

Ian Westhoff

Postby Bill Willingham » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:08 am

Matt O'Keefe wrote:Hi. I was wondering if you knew and could share any details for the Fables panel at San Diego next month? I'd imagine we'll see you and Matt, but I was wondering if Mark, James Jean or possibly Joao Ruas might be making appearances as well?

Mark Buckingham will absolutely be on the Fables panel. James Jean might be. In past years he's shown up for it. We'll see this year. I suspect Joao will not be there. Steve Leialoha will be there, along with Todd Klein, Andrew Pepoy, possibly Russ Braun, possibly Tony Akins, and possibly a few surprise guests.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby Bill Willingham » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 am

Heather Farris wrote:Bill, I know you've talked about the impracticality of Fables action figures, but what about a video game? You know, fight off the invasion of wooden soldiers, suppress a revolution at the Farm, take on the Emperor and the Adversary. If you unlock Flycatcher's powers then you can revive a character for free. Any chance of something like this for those of us who would love to take an active role in the adventures of Fabletown?

Interesting idea.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby Bill Willingham » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:12 am

Ian Westhoff wrote:Not so much a Fables related question but more of a Bill Willingham question. On your blog you've treated us to a few pics of your house as it was being built. Now that you have moved in, could you treat us to a few pictures of your reference library where you keep all your Fables related research books? I think it would be safe to say that many of us here (I know Cindy and I at least) would love to see what that looks like.

Sure. I actually stopped posting pictures of my place because the Clockwork Storybook guys were coming up for our annual Clockwork retreat, and I wanted them to have a moment of "wow" when they saw the place in its finished state. They've come and gone now, so I guess I could start posting again.

I really need to get back to posting on my blog in any case. Work is pretty deep right now, as I am determined to show up to San Diego this year at least three months ahead on all of my commitments. We'll see if it works out that way. The distractions up here are vast.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby Shiny » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am

Something that bugged me during a rereading of animal farm and I say sorry in advance if this has been overasked

but where the heck did king louie come from? is he a revise agent because I am pretty sure there was no king louie in the book
http://deadlldo.blogspot.com/
David page reading every issue of 2000ad from 1189 to the present day!
Fuck metafiction we want killing!
Shiny

Postby Ian Westhoff » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:05 am

Bill Willingham wrote:
Ian Westhoff wrote:Not so much a Fables related question but more of a Bill Willingham question. On your blog you've treated us to a few pics of your house as it was being built. Now that you have moved in, could you treat us to a few pictures of your reference library where you keep all your Fables related research books? I think it would be safe to say that many of us here (I know Cindy and I at least) would love to see what that looks like.

Sure. I actually stopped posting pictures of my place because the Clockwork Storybook guys were coming up for our annual Clockwork retreat, and I wanted them to have a moment of "wow" when they saw the place in its finished state. They've come and gone now, so I guess I could start posting again.

I really need to get back to posting on my blog in any case. Work is pretty deep right now, as I am determined to show up to San Diego this year at least three months ahead on all of my commitments. We'll see if it works out that way. The distractions up here are vast.

COOL! Hope to see those one day. I enjoy reading your blog and check it every day to see if you have posted anything new. Hope you'll be back at it one day.

Ian Westhoff

Postby Christian Osorio » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 am

Heather Farris wrote:Bill, I know you've talked about the impracticality of Fables action figures, but what about a video game? You know, fight off the invasion of wooden soldiers, suppress a revolution at the Farm, take on the Emperor and the Adversary. If you unlock Flycatcher's powers then you can revive a character for free. Any chance of something like this for those of us who would love to take an active role in the adventures of Fabletown?

A videogame would be sweet, if it's well done. Most popular book/movie/tv series/comic based videogames are terrible in terms of gameplay, nothing more that a hook for fans.

Hello, Mr. Willingham, nice to meet you.

¿Why did Prince Charming got buried? Didn't he, such a popular character, have a possibility of coming back? Now then, this issue has been stated to be a difficult one, if not untrue, so....
Christian Osorio

Postby Shiny » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:27 am

charmings body was never found they just gave him a milatary style burial
Shiny

Postby Bill Willingham » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 am

David page wrote:Something that bugged me during a rereading of animal farm and I say sorry in advance if this has been overasked

but where the heck did king louie come from? is he a revise agent because I am pretty sure there was no king louie in the book

Louie is a very good example on why it's best to go back to the source material before one embarks on a major story, rather than rely on often faulty memory of which characters were original canon and which weren't.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby Chris Opperman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:18 pm

Are we going to hear any more from Willow from issue #64? She was kinda foxy and there's no one else in Fableverse that looks like her.

Christopher
Chris Opperman
Chris Opperman

Postby Mark Coale » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Bill Willingham wrote:
Matt O'Keefe wrote:Hi. I was wondering if you knew and could share any details for the Fables panel at San Diego next month? I'd imagine we'll see you and Matt, but I was wondering if Mark, James Jean or possibly Joao Ruas might be making appearances as well?

Mark Buckingham will absolutely be on the Fables panel. James Jean might be. In past years he's shown up for it. We'll see this year. I suspect Joao will not be there. Steve Leialoha will be there, along with Todd Klein, Andrew Pepoy, possibly Russ Braun, possibly Tony Akins, and possibly a few surprise guests.

Have you heard yet what day the Fables panel will be?

Only going to Preview Night and Thursday before leaving town.
mark coale
odessa steps magazine
ISSUE FOUR -- OCTOBER 2009
Mark Coale

Postby Matt O'Keefe » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Another question: with James Jean's Fable Covers hardcover sold out, is there a possibility of a new printing including his last six covers?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, Bill. :)
Matt O'Keefe

Postby Bill Willingham » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 am

Mark Coale wrote:Have you heard yet what day the Fables panel will be?

Only going to Preview Night and Thursday before leaving town.

Unfortunately for your plans, Mark, the Fables panel is on Saturday this year, and the Spotlight on Me panel (with guests) is on Sunday. However you can be there for the Thursday JSA panel, where both Matt and I will be in attendance. And I won't mind at all if you ask a Fables related question or two.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby Bill Willingham » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:08 am

Matt O'Keefe wrote:Another question: with James Jean's Fable Covers hardcover sold out, is there a possibility of a new printing including his last six covers?

I have no idea. I didn't know it was sold out. Just a guess though, adding color pages to a big color book, printed far overseas, is probably expensive.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby John Bereiter » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Bill,

When Rose asked Blue to marry her, he told her that she just went for whoever happened to be the most exciting guy in the room. I personally think this was extremely harsh. What's your take on it? Was this a fair or unfair assessment of Rose's feelings towards Blue?
John Bereiter

Postby Bill Willingham » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:18 pm

John Bereiter wrote:Bill,

When Rose asked Blue to marry her, he told her that she just went for whoever happened to be the most exciting guy in the room. I personally think this was extremely harsh. What's your take on it? Was this a fair or unfair assessment of Rose's feelings towards Blue?

This is sort of asking me to interpret your take on the story. I can't do that. In the collaboration between storyteller and reader, that falls steadfastly within your responsibility. As I've often said, the purpose of art isn't to tell an audience what to do, but to show them who they are.
Bill Willingham
Site Admin

Postby Shiny » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:14 am

So will we be seeing a certain celtic fable and his inuit with a bear friend from jack of fables appearing at the farm or are they doomed? (I really hope not as Celtic fables are barely seen)
Shiny

Postby Justin Iseminger » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:46 pm

When is that Cinderella miniseries coming out? Also, are there any more miniseries like this planned?
Justin Iseminger

PreviousNext

Return to Fables